Kannan Arunasalam was born in Jaffna, grew up in London, and returned to Sri Lanka in 2005, where he now lives and works. He focuses on narrative journalism using new media, radio and film. Kannan’s latest project http://iam.lk explores regional identity through the lives of 36 elders, in sound and image.
- UPDATED: Flip-flopping on Accountability – A Timeline
- Disconnected: Juxtaposing the UNHRC sessions with protests in the North
- A Thousand Words: Seeking the story beyond the photo
- The Art of Connection: Two organisations take on reconciliation
- Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas 2017: Finalist
- Manpower Plunder: The Plight of SLT’s Contract Workers
- Military Occupation: documenting civilian protests and the struggle of the newly resettled
- Where Has All the Water Gone?
- Sellamma returns home after Army occupation
- From February to October: The Legacy of the Russian Revolution & Sri Lanka today