Menika van der Poorten’s photography includes personal exhibition work and freelance commissions. She has exhibited widely, both locally and internationally. Her photographic practice is informed by living between different cultures and communities. Interested in different ways of narrating stories Menika is influenced by memory, spaces, and personal stories. Menika has been involved in Photographic education both here and in London for over 20 years, The development of photography education is one of her major areas of interest as is the concern for promoting documentation.
- The Advisory Council of Experts: A council, a council, my kingdom for a council?
- Ramaphosa and Government’s Policy shift on Reconciliation
- The Wounded Girl in the Gaza Strip: The Need for a New Approach
- Where In-fighting generates Fervour & Power: ISIS Today, LTTE yesterday
- Five years of vanquished journalism: A self critique
- The BBS and a catalyst for a Buddhist Muslim conflict
- Is BBS the new face of Buddhist revivalism?
- Photos around questions I couldn’t answer: Four days after the riots
- From shanty to home : Myth vs reality of Colombo’s Urban Regeneration Project
- “Where are the Sri Lankan Female Scientists?” A Case of Democratizing Science