Menika van der Poorten’s photography includes personal exhibition work and freelance commissions. She has exhibited widely, both locally and internationally. Her photographic practice is informed by living between different cultures and communities. Interested in different ways of narrating stories Menika is influenced by memory, spaces, and personal stories. Menika has been involved in Photographic education both here and in London for over 20 years, The development of photography education is one of her major areas of interest as is the concern for promoting documentation.
- Singing of our National Anthem in the two National languages
- An Open Letter to HRH Prince Zeid Ra’ad Zeid Al-Hussein
- Shrillness of Nonsensical Cultural Politics and the Social History of a Song
- An Appeal to Democratic Forces
- The High Commissioner for Human Rights visit to Sri Lanka raises hopes for victims
- Common Ground: A series of photo essays
- Christ, Constitutions and Community: A Freedom Day Reflection
- The morning after the political honeymoon: President Sirisena’s future
- A 2500 year-old Culture that was!
- Legend along Littoral Landscapes: Tales from the Muslim World