Menika van der Poorten’s photography includes personal exhibition work and freelance commissions. She has exhibited widely, both locally and internationally. Her photographic practice is informed by living between different cultures and communities. Interested in different ways of narrating stories Menika is influenced by memory, spaces, and personal stories. Menika has been involved in Photographic education both here and in London for over 20 years, The development of photography education is one of her major areas of interest as is the concern for promoting documentation.
- World Press Freedom day, Uthayan and Freedom of Expression in Sri Lanka
- ‘Rally for Unity’, a March towards Reconciliation
- Rally for Unity: Standing up for an inclusive Sri Lanka
- Archiving ‘Her Stories’: In conversation with Radhika Hettiarachchi
- Beyond collective egos: Our relational grounds of belonging and faith
- First Failure in Geneva: Trap, Blunder or Model?
- Of Foreign Policy Failures, Geneva Resolutions, Double Standards and other excuses for Non-Reconciliation in Sri Lanka
- Strategy of Tension versus National Unity
- ‘Long War, Cold Peace’ & the Return of Dayan Jayatilleka
- ABC, Gordon Weiss and authoress Niromi de Soyza