Menika van der Poorten’s photography includes personal exhibition work and freelance commissions. She has exhibited widely, both locally and internationally. Her photographic practice is informed by living between different cultures and communities. Interested in different ways of narrating stories Menika is influenced by memory, spaces, and personal stories. Menika has been involved in Photographic education both here and in London for over 20 years, The development of photography education is one of her major areas of interest as is the concern for promoting documentation.
- Wheels Up in Colombo: Destination Unknown
- The Coca-Cola Incident – Are we the next Plachimada?
- Those Killer Robots
- An unforgettable afternoon spent with Uncle Nihal, the Off-Road Dog Feeder
- These Four Walls
- PODCASTS from “Watch this space: Framing the past, untying the future” exhibition
- Coca-Cola: Apologise and pay compensation for contaminating drinking water
- The Inevitability of the Banana Republic
- Shanthi Sachithanandan: In Memoriam
- The Use of Strategic Considerations in Elections