Menika van der Poorten’s photography includes personal exhibition work and freelance commissions. She has exhibited widely, both locally and internationally. Her photographic practice is informed by living between different cultures and communities. Interested in different ways of narrating stories Menika is influenced by memory, spaces, and personal stories. Menika has been involved in Photographic education both here and in London for over 20 years, The development of photography education is one of her major areas of interest as is the concern for promoting documentation.
- A Tale of Taxation – A rundown on Budget 2016
- Standing Tall: A study of Women In Need’s dedication to combating violence against women
- Sobitha Himi: Servant of the Dhamma – Gift to us all
- Responses to the budget: Markets, capitalism and expenditure
- Are we progressing towards Good Governance?
- Civil Society in the East appeal to UNWGEID for Demilitarisation
- A study on Skype Chat as a tool for Public Discourse
- What does hate speech mean to you?
- Civil society group DecentLanka calls afresh for release of Tamil prisoners
- Prospects for good governance and national reconciliation post the August 17th elections