Menika van der Poorten’s photography includes personal exhibition work and freelance commissions. She has exhibited widely, both locally and internationally. Her photographic practice is informed by living between different cultures and communities. Interested in different ways of narrating stories Menika is influenced by memory, spaces, and personal stories. Menika has been involved in Photographic education both here and in London for over 20 years, The development of photography education is one of her major areas of interest as is the concern for promoting documentation.
- Invisible architectures: Thoughts on Walking Path
- SITA MAMI
- “Walking Path” – A play without words
- OPPOSITION TRENDS IN THE ELECTION SEASON
- A TRIUMPH OF HOPE OVER EXPERIENCE? A PRELIMINARY COMMENT ON THE NMSJ’S ROAD MAP
- Relevance of Freedom of Association in 1992 and today: Ratawawi Peramuna and its players
- The Advisory Council of Experts: A council, a council, my kingdom for a council?
- Ramaphosa and Government’s Policy shift on Reconciliation
- The Wounded Girl in the Gaza Strip: The Need for a New Approach
- Where In-fighting generates Fervour & Power: ISIS Today, LTTE yesterday