Menika van der Poorten’s photography includes personal exhibition work and freelance commissions. She has exhibited widely, both locally and internationally. Her photographic practice is informed by living between different cultures and communities. Interested in different ways of narrating stories Menika is influenced by memory, spaces, and personal stories. Menika has been involved in Photographic education both here and in London for over 20 years, The development of photography education is one of her major areas of interest as is the concern for promoting documentation.
- The deprivation of liberty under national security laws: What can be done to provide immediate relief?
- IMPLEMENTING THE THIRTEENTH AMENDMENT: THE FIRST STEP OF A LONG JOURNEY
- Will there be “Maithree” and “Yahapalanaya” for Navy occupied Mullikulam?
- THE EXECUTIVE PRESIDENCY AND THE SRI LANKAN STATE: MYTHS AND REALITIES
- First week of “Good Governance”: Three Good Speeches, One Promise Kept and One Postponed
- Ideas for a Road Map for Truth and Justice in Sri Lanka
- DONOUGHMORE, BUNDESTAG, WESTMINSTER, OR ‘YAHA PAALANAYA’? AN ALTERNATIVE PROPOSAL FOR THE REFORM OF THE PARLIAMENTARY COMMITTEE SYSTEM
- Charting a New Course: Sri Lankan Foreign Policy
- Anti-Corruption Commission for Sri Lanka: Some thoughts
- An end to culture of retaliation: Transitional justice in Sri Lanka