Menika van der Poorten’s photography includes personal exhibition work and freelance commissions. She has exhibited widely, both locally and internationally. Her photographic practice is informed by living between different cultures and communities. Interested in different ways of narrating stories Menika is influenced by memory, spaces, and personal stories. Menika has been involved in Photographic education both here and in London for over 20 years, The development of photography education is one of her major areas of interest as is the concern for promoting documentation.
- The 100 days programme of President Sirisena: People’s perspectives
- Disabled and Denied?
- The Central Bank Bond Controversy Revisited
- A Clear-eyed Assessment from Afar
- Australia’s treatment of asylum seekers: Reflections from visit to Sri Lanka
- A Port City or a Garden City for Colombo?
- Frangipani : Opening Ourselves to Dialogue
- Are Sri Lankan Tamils prone to collective political suicide?
- Rape and domestic violence in Sri Lanka: Triggered by a mind-set?
- Thoughts count