Menika van der Poorten’s photography includes personal exhibition work and freelance commissions. She has exhibited widely, both locally and internationally. Her photographic practice is informed by living between different cultures and communities. Interested in different ways of narrating stories Menika is influenced by memory, spaces, and personal stories. Menika has been involved in Photographic education both here and in London for over 20 years, The development of photography education is one of her major areas of interest as is the concern for promoting documentation.
- The Enduring Relevance of Puthiyathor Ulagam
- Court acquits Tamil mother after 15 years of detention under PTA
- President Sirisena’s broken promises: Start with ensuring justice to Wasim Thajudeen
- Sri Lanka’s Domestic Probe & India, the US and China
- University Academics Appeal to the Authorities Regarding the UN Human Rights Council Resolution on Sri Lanka
- Why do ‘Hybrids’ oppose the Hybrid Court?
- #Cokepollutes: Signatories to petition and archive of tweets against Coca Cola
- The Sri Lanka Freedom Party: The Moment of Truth
- Is the Government afraid of “Sinhala” racists or is it racist too?
- Designing the future: Plotting change, planning reform