Menika van der Poorten’s photography includes personal exhibition work and freelance commissions. She has exhibited widely, both locally and internationally. Her photographic practice is informed by living between different cultures and communities. Interested in different ways of narrating stories Menika is influenced by memory, spaces, and personal stories. Menika has been involved in Photographic education both here and in London for over 20 years, The development of photography education is one of her major areas of interest as is the concern for promoting documentation.
- Buddhist Monk attacked by Bodu Bala Sena and Police inaction
- Isn’t the Nationalist a Mental Patient?
- Sambanthan and Vigneswaren reach out to President Rajapakse
- Not By Ourselves Alone: A Critique of (Tamil) Self-Determination
- Conflict, Strategy and Game Theory
- The UNP and the opposition political landscape
- The Al Jazeera interview with Mahinda Rajapaksa: Calling the bluff
- Launch of De Zoysa-Sivanayagam 2014 Fellowship in Global Journalism
- Lasantha Wickrematunge Memorial Lecture 2013: Presentations, photos and video
- Sri Lankan men and rape: What the Sri Lankan media missed