Menika van der Poorten’s photography includes personal exhibition work and freelance commissions. She has exhibited widely, both locally and internationally. Her photographic practice is informed by living between different cultures and communities. Interested in different ways of narrating stories Menika is influenced by memory, spaces, and personal stories. Menika has been involved in Photographic education both here and in London for over 20 years, The development of photography education is one of her major areas of interest as is the concern for promoting documentation.
- Yet another fleeting opportunity
- Right royal battle: The BBS vs. Bathiudeen
- The President and his apparatchiks: Loving children most, their toys even more?
- Toy Pistol Local Governance in Hambantota
- IN MEMORIAM: ANANDA CHITTAMBALAM
- Colombo’s changing cityscape
- The ‘Mad Monk’ Phenomenon: BBS as the underside of Sinhala-Buddhism
- Continuing Detention of Tamil Women and a Girl Child under the Prevention of Terrorism Act
- Calling Jayantha Dhanapala a liar, or the tragedy of Lankan public life
- Women and Children: The Cutting Edge of International Law