Menika van der Poorten’s photography includes personal exhibition work and freelance commissions. She has exhibited widely, both locally and internationally. Her photographic practice is informed by living between different cultures and communities. Interested in different ways of narrating stories Menika is influenced by memory, spaces, and personal stories. Menika has been involved in Photographic education both here and in London for over 20 years, The development of photography education is one of her major areas of interest as is the concern for promoting documentation.
- Supreme Court’s opinion on the President’s Reference
- The political need of the hour: Transformational approach to constitution making
- Maithripala, a good governance challenge from within to Mahinda Rajapakse
- The Tamil Elephant in the Green (Blue?) Room
- Critically Supporting the Anti-Regime Campaign
- Social Responsibility in Universities in Unstable Times
- THE SIRISENA SURGE: WHY MAHINDA IS STILL WAY AHEAD
- Synthetic development, commodification of the body and the vote under neo-liberal economic policies: Where to now?
- The new Yarl Devi to Jaffna: What do people in Jaffna think?
- Do we enjoy universal adult Franchise?