Menika van der Poorten’s photography includes personal exhibition work and freelance commissions. She has exhibited widely, both locally and internationally. Her photographic practice is informed by living between different cultures and communities. Interested in different ways of narrating stories Menika is influenced by memory, spaces, and personal stories. Menika has been involved in Photographic education both here and in London for over 20 years, The development of photography education is one of her major areas of interest as is the concern for promoting documentation.
- The JHU critiques the Rajapakse Presidency
- DO WE NEED AN ALTERNATIVE APPROACH TO THE THIRD TERM QUESTION BEYOND TEXT AND INTENTION?
- Kerosene, Koothu and Paper: Questions and answers
- That Third Term
- Imbalance of power between the Executive and the Legislature, Constitutional Dilemmas and the Need for a Community-Oriented Model
- India, Sri Lanka and the Legacy of the British Empire
- A Presidential visit up North
- Letter to Nonis the Chris
- In conversation with Nimalka Fernando: Life as an activist in Sri Lanka
- Lessons from Scotland