Menika van der Poorten’s photography includes personal exhibition work and freelance commissions. She has exhibited widely, both locally and internationally. Her photographic practice is informed by living between different cultures and communities. Interested in different ways of narrating stories Menika is influenced by memory, spaces, and personal stories. Menika has been involved in Photographic education both here and in London for over 20 years, The development of photography education is one of her major areas of interest as is the concern for promoting documentation.
- FAQ on the UN Human Rights Council Resolution (2014) on Sri Lanka
- Issues of Truth and Accountability: A Private Sector Perspective
- Colombo Development: A Highway to… a Very Hot Place?
- Disappearances and the struggle for truth and justice
- Colombo International Film Festival: Six Days That Would Change Your World
- Stand Up Against Extremism
- International Human Rights: Dispelling the Myths By Radhika Coomaraswamy
- UN Investigators for Sri Lanka, Show Your Work!
- The Spectre of Evictions and Land Grabs in Colombo
- The conflict between Israel and Gaza: Silence of UN and US led world