Menika van der Poorten’s photography includes personal exhibition work and freelance commissions. She has exhibited widely, both locally and internationally. Her photographic practice is informed by living between different cultures and communities. Interested in different ways of narrating stories Menika is influenced by memory, spaces, and personal stories. Menika has been involved in Photographic education both here and in London for over 20 years, The development of photography education is one of her major areas of interest as is the concern for promoting documentation.
- The Bond Issue Controversy: An Analysis
- Dealing with two Asian superpowers: President Sirisena’s visit to China
- To be or not to be gay – Frangipani and the travails of homosexuals in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s political moment: Rediscovering our kinship and common history
- CONSTITUTIONAL REFORM: A LIBERAL WISH LIST
- Sri Lankan National Anthem: Symbolism, Nationalism, Racism and Other Stories
- Sovereignty and Colombo Port City
- The other side of Narendra Modi’s Sri Lanka visit
- Nationalism, Ethnicity and Conflict
- Post-war reconstruction and women: Has the Indian Housing Project become a debt trap?