Menika van der Poorten’s photography includes personal exhibition work and freelance commissions. She has exhibited widely, both locally and internationally. Her photographic practice is informed by living between different cultures and communities. Interested in different ways of narrating stories Menika is influenced by memory, spaces, and personal stories. Menika has been involved in Photographic education both here and in London for over 20 years, The development of photography education is one of her major areas of interest as is the concern for promoting documentation.
- UPDATED: Flip-flopping on Accountability – A Timeline
- Disconnected: Juxtaposing the UNHRC sessions with protests in the North
- A Thousand Words: Seeking the story beyond the photo
- The Art of Connection: Two organisations take on reconciliation
- Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas 2017: Finalist
- Manpower Plunder: The Plight of SLT’s Contract Workers
- Military Occupation: documenting civilian protests and the struggle of the newly resettled
- Where Has All the Water Gone?
- Sellamma returns home after Army occupation
- From February to October: The Legacy of the Russian Revolution & Sri Lanka today