Menika van der Poorten’s photography includes personal exhibition work and freelance commissions. She has exhibited widely, both locally and internationally. Her photographic practice is informed by living between different cultures and communities. Interested in different ways of narrating stories Menika is influenced by memory, spaces, and personal stories. Menika has been involved in Photographic education both here and in London for over 20 years, The development of photography education is one of her major areas of interest as is the concern for promoting documentation.
- Looking Back at Six Decades of Lankan Journalism: What went wrong?
- A Call for Accountability: Death of a Young Woman in Kilinochchi
- Twitter archive of @groundviews: November 2013
- Correcting Hudson’s Crooked Political Vision
- Priming the Sex Worker: Poverty or Prosperity?
- Is sex work, work?
- Co-operatives as a means to uplift war affected women in Sri Lanka
- The Virtual Library
- Sovereignty vs. the Right to Life
- CHOGM 2013: A lie well told