Sharni Jayawardena is a writer, editor and documentary filmmaker who is making an unambiguous transition from the moving image to still photography. She is a member of a new non-profit partnership exploring how different media and art forms could creatively document people, processes and places. Sharni is committed to promoting documentary practice in Sri Lanka.
- UPDATED: Flip-flopping on Accountability – A Timeline
- Disconnected: Juxtaposing the UNHRC sessions with protests in the North
- A Thousand Words: Seeking the story beyond the photo
- The Art of Connection: Two organisations take on reconciliation
- Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas 2017: Finalist
- Manpower Plunder: The Plight of SLT’s Contract Workers
- Military Occupation: documenting civilian protests and the struggle of the newly resettled
- Where Has All the Water Gone?
- Sellamma returns home after Army occupation
- From February to October: The Legacy of the Russian Revolution & Sri Lanka today